Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I set up xbox live with an ethernet cable and a laptop with internet connection?

I have a laptop that connects to the wireless internet. I have tried setting up xbox live multiple times, and everytime, i lose connection on my laptop. When trying to setup live, it picks up the ethernet cable but fails the ip adress even though i manually added it and auto would not work. please help in any way you can


signed,


desperate gamerHow do I set up xbox live with an ethernet cable and a laptop with internet connection?
It is much easier to buy a small router with DHCP server. They go for less than $50. Or buy the xbox wireless adaptor.





If you want to connect the xbox through the laptop then you need to use a crossover cable. A regular Ethernet cable will not work.How do I set up xbox live with an ethernet cable and a laptop with internet connection?
are you using a wireless router?





maybe try hooking up the xbox ethernet directly to the router

No comments:

Post a Comment