Monday, August 16, 2010

Can i connect my xbox to live using a wireless signal that my laptop picks up?

i am at my cabin and my neighbours have a wireless internet signal that they are willing to allow me to use to search the internet and run xbox live from. i can receive the signal with my laptop and search the internet with it and i was wondering if anyone knows how if there is any way that i could run my xbox live from this signal without buying one of the expensive micosoft xbox wireless reveivers?Can i connect my xbox to live using a wireless signal that my laptop picks up?
Yes, it is a very simple. Take a regular Cat 5 cable, plug one end into your laptop then the other into your xbox. Under your Wireless properties you want to click the option to share your internet connection. Once this is done you might have to reset the xbox and your done. I do this with my 360 and ps2.Can i connect my xbox to live using a wireless signal that my laptop picks up?
If the x box has the ability as now configured to access an 802.11 a/b/g wireless network yes you can; if not no.





You are accessing the network via wireless communication between wireless access point and the x box, not throug your notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment