Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can you use a laptop to access xbox live?

The room I want to set up my xbox in doesn't have any kind of internet connection in it. I do have a laptop, however, as well as wireless access. I don't want to buy one of those wireless devices for my xbox. Is there anyway I can connect my xbox to my laptop with the ethernet cable and access the internet that way? If so, how do I do it?Can you use a laptop to access xbox live?
You just do what you said. If you have an older laptop (from before 2005) you may need a crossover cat5 cable as older NICs don't support autoswitching. If the laptop is new then a regular ';ethernet'; cat5 cable should work.





In windows, just share your Wireless Connection and disable any software firewalls.





Start--%26gt;Settings--%26gt;Network COnnections


Right click Wireless Network Connection and click properties


Click the Advanced tab and check Enable Internet Connection Sharing.





My friend's 360 and my old Xbox can tunnel to the WAN this way.Can you use a laptop to access xbox live?
i dont think you can get on xbox live through a laptop welll....only to make an account but thats it as far as i know

No comments:

Post a Comment