Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I connect my XBox/XBox Live up too my laptop (Vista) with a Mobile Dial Up connection?

I have the 3.G Mobile Dial Up modem, and I was wondering how I connect my Xbox up too my Laptop (running on Windows Vista), and then connect it up through my laptop onto the modem.





I've been trying all kind of things I've seen online but none seem to work, can anyone suggest me anything? Or give me a simple step-by-step guide on how too get everything connected up right?How do I connect my XBox/XBox Live up too my laptop (Vista) with a Mobile Dial Up connection?
Don't even play if you have dialupHow do I connect my XBox/XBox Live up too my laptop (Vista) with a Mobile Dial Up connection?
Your goal is to get both the laptop and the Xbox to connect to the internet correct?





First, the 3G dial up modem needs to support multiple connected devices. If not, then you can either use network connection sharing in Windows Vista to share the 3G connection with the Xbox, or you can use a router / NAT / gateway box to share the single connection with the laptop %26amp; xbox at the same time.





With out knowing more about the 3G modem (model / type, etc) it is hard to guess how the 3G system works, what kinds of plugs are available (eg multiple ethernet plugs or only USB, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment