Friday, August 20, 2010

I need help with a sprint ethernet wirelss adapter for my laptop to connect to my xbox 360?

its a sierra wireless aircard 5950u. what i have it set up as i have a laptop connected to the xbox 360 threw a eathernet cable. and when i hit connect to xbox 360 live it says ip address failed. can i connect the wireless adapter to the xbox 360 by itself ? and how do i get my ip address numbers ?





can someone please help me out.I need help with a sprint ethernet wirelss adapter for my laptop to connect to my xbox 360?
I don't recommend trying to do gaming this way, but if you must - try this





1. Make sure you have a CROSSOVER cable between your laptop and your Xbox


2. Use the wizards in the Windows Laptop to set up ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)


Done correctly your computer will try to act as a router and share the Internet connection with the Xbox





In reality, ICS is usually too slow to allow decent gaming. You will be much happier once you bite the bullet and get a router.

No comments:

Post a Comment