Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Xbox Live to an Acer Laptop?

Okay, I need to know how to connect to Xbox Live using my laptop, I have the Cable that came with it connected from my Xbox to my Laptop, then my Laptop is connected to the internet, where do I go from there? I keep testing the connection and it says it can't be established. My computer is even recognizing I've connected it, but when I click the Xbox icon, it sends me to my music. Little help, please?Xbox Live to an Acer Laptop?
First go buy a ';crossover Cable'; Which is about 10 to 15 bucks depending on the length. IT MUST BE A CROSSOVER CABLE or else it will not work. The ethernet cable that comes with the xbox is a ';Patch Cable'; which will not work!





After you are sure you have a crossover cable connect your xbox to your computer and turn them both on and make sure your computer connects to the internet. Now on your computer Right click the network icon in the bottom right of your screen and click either network and sharing center or networks. (Something along those lines) After you have it open to where you can see both the wireless connection and the ethernet connection then highlight them both. Now right click one of them and push ';Bridge Connections';


Now let windows do its thing then test the XBL connection.





Most of the time this will work. If it doesn't then you will need a Static IP for your xbox which requires more messing around. try this first and message me if you cannot figure it out.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment