Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I use my laptop's wireless connection to connect to Xbox Live with an open NAT setting?

I've tried using internet connection sharing and that works fine for the most part except it gets a moderate NAT type so I can't party up with people on Call of Duty 4. When I bridge the connection the Xbox Live connection test passes (good NAT type) but when I start a game online, a few minutes in, the connection fails and I apparently bring down the whole game lobby, and the wireless connection on my laptop disconnects. Are there any settings I need to adjust? Any other way to connect using my laptop and get an open NAT setting? My router is upstairs so running a cable is a no go, and I don't want to drop a hundred bucks for Microsoft's adapter.How can I use my laptop's wireless connection to connect to Xbox Live with an open NAT setting?
To much going on with internet connection sharing for a reliable gaming connection. I recommend you pony up the $100.00 for the MS adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment