Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Need help connecting Laptop w/ XP to Xbox Live with ICS.?

I can't seem to get this working. I don't want to spend $100 on the wireless adapter so I figure I'll work at getting this method working. My router/modem is downstairs, and I'm on a laptop with build in wireless. I've read several guides but nothing seems to work. When I run my ethernet cable (not the one that came with the 360), I get IP issues connecting to Xbox Live. It says to check my statis IP and all of this other stuff I don't understand.





All I know is that I have two connections in my network connections. One called 1394 Connection which I'm assuming is Local/Default, and the Wireless Connection. ISC is only present under the 1394 connection, and whenever I enable it my internet disconnects until I untick ICS.





I know there's a way to do this though, because I've been doing it for weeks, or I was with my other PC that had Vista. I h athat PC and now I'm left with a laptop and little knowledge on how to do this.





Any help would be appreciated.Need help connecting Laptop w/ XP to Xbox Live with ICS.?
i know that for vista you have to go to internet options and chose to share your internet connection so hit start, my network places, and then view network connections, left click on the connection that your computer is using, go to properties, and than check the box that says allow other people to connect to the connection your using, after that just run an ethernet cord from your laptop to you xbox and it should work

No comments:

Post a Comment